Welcome to the Pons Asinorum
There is no easy fix
Entering Lonergan's Novum Organon
Facing the Reality of a Lack of Moral Courage
Joyous Insurgency & the Long Game?
A Strategy for People Celebrating Life
Phase 1: Day 3 Summary
Building Our Reality
1. Most of what we know is based on trust. Thus there are two key questions we must ask of ourselves: to whom do we give our allegiance, and to whom do we give our trust.
2. We make who we are over a lifetime of inadvertently following Lonergan's transcendental method. We might do a better job if we knew what we were doing.
3. Authenticity is the fruit of conversion. Authenticity involves becoming an integrated and whole person, something that comes about through intellectual, moral, and religious conversion.
4. Conversion spans the entire course of the human life-cycle, from the emergence of the brain's information processing system, to the emergence of the mind's conscious intentionality, to the final emergence of the transcendental realm of meaning operative within the human subject.
5. All this requires reflective work on identifying our individual and collective blind spots. Otherwise, we simply spread our dysfunctions to the world at large.
6. There is a constant tension between the individual and collective worlds mediated by meaning.
Educational Projects: Introductory Course: Phase 1, Day 3